Monday, May 26, 2008

Monday, May 26th

Today is Memorial Day, which means I got a day of "work" so I could write! Here are today's activities:

1. Sent two queries, one to Los Angeles Times to reprint my article about Los Angeles County and one to Hemispheres Magazine (in-flight for United Airlines) suggesting an article about traveling with a dog to Scottsdale. Greg did the research for the latter last night.

2. Worked on "You can too scream through a snorkel"

3. Worked on proposal for "Mommy's Survival Guide..." and sent it to Beth for her thoughts

4. Tried to do research on Sun & Surf article for Pacific Coast Journal but no one is home! Did manage to speak to one person. It's due tomorrow, so I hope I can finish it!

Beth talked to me about querying 10-12 markets per week. whew! I don't know if I can pull off quite that many, but I'll sure try. If I can sell some decently paying articles each month, that will really help. My goal for June is to sell one article for more than $100.

No comments: