Sunday, June 22, 2008

Big day!

OK, I didn't get a lot of work done today (wrote two articles for Sandi and one for Demand Studios, plus my first Apex review--which included finishing the book) because of working around the house and what-not, but a lot happened!

1. I heard back from a woman on the equine writers' email list who was looking for someone to write press releases for shows. Not only did she hire me, but she said she was familiar with my excellent work (in Horseman's News)! Wow! This the second job I've gotten through that list...networking does work!

2. I heard back from the publisher who is looking for copyeditors. She sent me the test they require for hiring, I took it and sent it back. I haven't heard back from her yet, but I *think* I did a good job on it. The pay isn't great, but it's a good foot in the door, and who knows...maybe the publisher will grow and the pay will, too! If they hire me, I think I'll really enjoy working for them.

Ok, just two things I guess, but that's huge! It just goes to show, it really helps to get out there, even on the internet, and talk to people! I don't mind telling you, we've been hurting for money ever since we bought our house last year. This extra income from writing is really helping. We feel like we can keep our heads above water again!

Today's earnings:
$41

Payments received:
$465 (WOO HOO!!! yeah baby)

No comments: