Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Great Day!

Today I received a response from a major horse magazine I had sent a query to. They agreed to review my article on spec--that means I need to write it and send it to them, and they will decide whether they like it. The cool part about this is, half the battle is won--they've decided the subject matter is a good fit for the magazine. I told them I'd have it to them by the end of the week. yay! I did a bunch of research tonight and got a good start in writing it.

I got a call last night from The Ballroom--someone who was in a class I taught a couple weeks ago wants private lessons! Plus, my brother and his girlfriend want them. I start my new couple tomorrow night, so that will be some regular income for a while.

I wrote almost all of the article I owe LEG today. I need to get some more info from them, but once I get it, it will take very little time to incorporate. That is, unless they decide they want a lot more than I planned!

I wrote two Demand Studios articles and submitted them, and then reworded one and submitted it to AC. I suggested four topics to DS and they were accepted.

I wrote one article for Sandi.

Beth showed me what she needs me to do for her--a very simple job, but will pay well and will be steady work for the rest of the year. Phew!

I downloaded some transcription software so we can do some transcriptions to make money.

ETA: I received payment from dj'ing last week. It was $65, so I earned $115 that night for 3.5 hours of work.

Earnings: $138

Payments: $65

No comments: